Teri Anulewicz was first elected to represent Ward 3 on the Smyrna City Council in 2007, and was elected to her third term in 2015. She was appointed Mayor Pro Tem of Smyrna in 2016. The firstborn in a family of six children, Teri was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, and was raised in New Orleans and in Houston, Texas. She moved to Georgia in1994, and received her bachelor’s degree in International Relations from Agnes Scott College in 1998. Her professional experience includes public affairs and government relations, with an emphasis on alliance development, coalition building, and grassroots mobilization. Teri lives with her husband, Chris, and their two children near the heart of downtown Smyrna.
In addition to representing Ward 3, Teri is involved with organizations including the Cobb Chamber of Commerce, the Girl Scouts of America, the Junior League of Atlanta, and the Georgia Municipal Association. In 2008, she was named a “20 Rising Stars Under 40” by Cobb Life Magazine, and in 2012, she was recognized as a Woman of Achievement by the YWCA of Northwest Georgia.
- Georgia Municipal Association Legislative Policy Council
- Cobb Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Committee
- Participated in the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ Legislative Fellows Program in St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2011
- Past Treasurer of the Cobb Municipal Association
- Sustaining member of the Junior League of Atlanta, past co-chair of the Political Affairs Committee
- Past Chair of the Smyrna Area Council of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Past president of the MOMS Club of Smyrna-Northeast
- Bible Study group leader at Holy Spirit Catholic Church
- Troop leader for the Girl Scouts of America
- 2014-2015 Catholic Charities of Atlanta Leadership Class
- 2012 YWCA of Northwest Georgia Women of Achievement Honoree
- 2008 “20 Rising Stars Under 40” by Cobb Life magazine
- 2006 graduate of Leadership Cobb